Outlast the Night - Ariel Tachna
3.75 Stars ~ Audiobook Review by Christine
Story Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Narration Rating: 4.0 of 5 Stars

Story:

When Sam Embry loses his job and his wife, he has no one to turn to except for his brother, Neil, who takes him in and helps him land a job as the accountant at the Australian sheep station, Lang Downs. Jeremy Taylor also needs to rebuild and relocate after taking all he can stand from his bigoted brother. These two newcomers form a quick friendship they both need while struggling with a mutual attraction neither is ready to act upon. They both need to overcome their personal obstacles in order to focus on a future together.

I enjoyed this sweet story, the third in the Lang Downs series. Not having read the previous two titles, I was a bit concerned that I might have difficulty following at this point. I did struggle at the very beginning with some of the character names, but I quickly caught on. The author does a good job of providing just enough backstory to fill in necessary plot and character information, and I felt this allowed Outlast the Night to function well as a standalone. Always a fan of settings in Australia, I found the Lang Downs station and its jackaroos charming and likable. It was a bit like spending a week on vacation, getting to observe a small slice of life in a faraway land...

Read more at Prism Book Alliance