Run for the Roses - Elizabeth  Noble
~ Review by Paisley

There is a lot to like about this little book. For starters, even though it’s a novella it packs a pretty good fist of drama. Right out of the gate my little brain kept trying to figure out what sort of love story it was going to be. I knew nothing about the plot, and I had never read anything from this author, so I went into it completely open-minded. I didn’t even read the book blurb – really – I had no clue except for the title. I know enough about horse racing to figure it had something to do with the Kentucky Derby, either that or the Rose Parade. Taking place in Kentucky and not Pasadena was a big clue though.

For the first few chapters I kept wondering, who is Val going to hook up with? But when his best friend’s estranged father comes into the picture I was like, oh yeah! I really enjoy books where lovers have an age difference. I know, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but damn, I find it so hot! There is some strong chemistry between the two men. It’s definitely a whirlwind romance, but I found that to be quite entertaining actually...

Read more at Prism Book Alliance