Objects in the Rearview Mirror - F.E. Feeley Jr.
~ Review by Brandilyn

First, let me say this. Do NOT let the fact that this is technically a book 2 dissuade you in any way. The only thing truly linking these novels is the ghost story theme. I have not read book 1, though it is on my to read list, and there was never a point in which I felt I was missing anything. That being said; I encourage you to read The Haunting of Timber Manor, because Feeley is an incredible story teller.

There are two stories in Objects. First is the story of two young gay men trying to make their way in the world. They are living their dream, recently married, moving into a house of their own in middle America, working their dream jobs (one, Jonathan, a recently published and successful author, the other, Eddie, a tenure tracked professor of psychology at the local University). They make some good friends, namely their friendly and accepting neighbor and the owner of a local antique shop. They have everything in front of them. Unfortunately for Jonathan, the author and the main character, there is also much pain that he can still see in “the rearview mirror”.

The second story deals with a family that was torn apart by illness, indifference, violence, and finally intolerance. A family that never had a chance to find their way back to each other. This family is introduced to us first in the powerful prologue, which sets up much of the action and intrigue for the latter part of the book...

Read more at Prism Book Alliance