The Guy From Glamour - Skylar M. Cates
3.5 Stars ~ Review by Brandilyn

There are a number of factors that can affect one’s enjoyment of a particular story. There are the obvious ones of plot, point of view, characters, and author style. There are also the less obvious ones such as personal experience, mood, distraction level, energy level, health, the list goes on. Sometimes when I review a book, I have to make a conscience effort to strip those intangibles away and focus on the story the author told.

The Guy from Glamour by Skylar M Cates is a sweet tale about one guy finding family where he never expected. Dean is a rough and tough army special forces man who needs no one but himself and a couple of army buddies. One day, he gets a phone call that the niece he has never met needs him. He has every intention of taking a short trip, taking care of things, and coming right back to his unit, but a teenage girl and a middle-school guidance counselor may just change his mind.

I read this in pieces before bed over a number of nights. That is not my usual reading style; I tend to devour books whole in one or two sittings. As such, I often found myself trying to remember who all the minor characters were and losing the point of a scene in the minutia of so many characters. The characters themselves were interesting and well developed, however...

Read more at Prism Book Alliance