Stay With Me - S.E. Harmon
4.5 Stars ~ Review by Leisa

Whenever an author can make me laugh out loud many times, and make me hang onto every word hoping that the characters will find a way to work through the obstacles keeping them apart, then I know I’ve found a wonderful story. Stay With Me is written from the perspective of Mackenzie, a smart mouthed private investigator who’s never had a successful relationship. His latest lover left him with nothing – he even kept the dog that Mackenzie loves. He then meets beautiful, sweet, and charismatic Jordan, a straight man who wants Mackenzie to watch his girlfriend who he suspects may be cheating on him.

The chemistry between Mackenzie and Jordan is instant and just sizzles. As a “gay for you” story, Jordan’s inner confusion mixed with his obvious physical desire for Mackenzie is so well written. I just love the gay for you trope – it’s among my favorites – but I don’t like when one of these stories includes a supposedly straight man being physically attracted to a man for the first time, and he has no conflicted feelings or doubts. To me, this doesn’t seem authentic. However, S.E. Harmon’s portrayal of Jordan’s feelings and reactions seem honest and real. He’s a little freaked out by his desires, but at the same time he just can’t stay away from Mackenzie. He’s like a moth drawn to the flame...

Read more at Prism Book Alliance