Beyond Regret: 2 (Dark Court) - Stormy Glenn
4.25 Stars ~ Review by Leisa

Fantasy romance is not my favorite genre – I usually avoid any book with elves at all cost (maybe it’s because I associate the word “elf” with Christmas…). So I really stepped outside my usual comfort zone when I read Stormy Glenn’s second installment in her Dark Court series. Monte is a Seelie elf who is captured by an evil militant group intent on impregnating him and creating a super soldier. Doc is a hunkie former Marine who is captured and forced to impregnate Monte. Doc soon falls for sweet, gentle and beautiful Monte, who becomes pregnant with his son. Doc and Monte are eventually found by Rocky, fellow former Marine and Doc’s best friend (and the man Doc has loved for years), following their harrowing escape. Ultimately, Doc, Monte, and Rocky enter a poly amorous relationship, with all three men intensely loving each other and working together to escape the clutches of the evil around them.

Surprise! I really like this fantastical story! The relationship between Doc and Monte is one originally based upon mutual need during their captivity, but their love soon evolves into a binding one. The addition of Rocky could have been awkward, particularly since both he and Monte are in love with Doc. However, when Doc sustains a head injury and cannot remember pregnant Monte, it is Rocky who supports fragile Monte and encourages Doc to reconnect with Monte...

Read more at Prism Book Alliance